Job Title: CATERING ASSISTANT
Reports to: Supervisor/Front of House Manager/ General Manager
Direct reports: N/A
The Catering Assistant role is integral to all front of house catering areas and focuses throughout on excellent customer service and product knowledge. Being fully focused on ensuring all guests receive the best experience the Catering Assistants take pride in all aspects of their responsibilities from enthusiastic and cheerful customer service, high standards in terms of serving and clearing tables and ensuring a desirable, clean and hygienic dining experience for all of our guests. Catering Assistants may be working within the Storehouse or Ptarmigan Restaurant. Team work and flexibility is key.
- To serve all Natural Retreats guests in a friendly, welcoming, consistent manner.
- To listen to the customers’ needs and advise them accordingly on all products available.
- To deliver exceptional service to the Natural Retreats customer through offering amazing product knowledge with fantastic interpersonal skills.
- When handling/serving food and refreshments ensure that all requirements of Food Hygiene legislation are met.
- To welcome all guests and assist them in a friendly manner and being visible at all times to assist and offer advice.
- To have amazing knowledge of all products on offer and be able to pass on this knowledge in a positive, enthusiastic style.
- To be solution focused and know where to gain information on any areas of the business unfamiliar with.
- To work flexibly within the needs of the business
- To handle any concerns, incidents or accidents in a calm, professional manner escalating to the relevant manager when appropriate.
- To maintain the standards to an exceptional level to ensure high levels of cleanliness on all fixtures and till areas are maintained at all times.
- To listen to customers feedback and highlight to the relevant manager.
- Adhere to all cash handling procedures accurately as outlined by Natural Retreats.
- Assist with completing check lists as and when required.
- To maintain a high level of personal grooming and always wear the correct Natural Retreats uniform, which must be kept clean, ironed and presentable at all times.
- To fulfil any reasonable request from Senior Management.
- Delivering a high level of customer service in a customer facing role.
- Team Player
- Ability to sell with knowledge and confidence
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and flexible
- Positive, Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator
- Team Orientated
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
If you love going above and beyond to deliver amazing service and you are passionate and enthusiastic about what Natural Retreats has to offer, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org