Job Title: Retail Manager (Fixed term contract)
Reports to: General Manager
Direct reports: Supervisors and retail team members
The Retail Manager will play a key role to ensure that an amazing retail experience is created for all our visitors at CairnGorm Mountain. You will have a passion for sales and be responsible for all retail operations, to maximise sales, provide a great welcome and experience for all visitors, ensure the security, integrity and accuracy of stock control and payment transactions, and will be responsible for ensure a cost effective and profitable department. Running the day to day management of operations, control and administration of all retail activities, taking a hands-on management role in all areas of the retail business
- To ensure the sales layouts are appropriate and effective, create in-store merchandising and displays are regularly changed to create interest, to meet/exceed sales targets.
- To champion a sale by service culture.
- To keep up to date with lifestyle and technical fashion trends
- Ensure that the department’s administration, accounting, cash handling and stock control procedures are adhered to.
- Awareness of staff security should be maintained and control of key holders. Carry out random bag checks and to ensure staff are clear on shoplifting procedures
- Complying strictly with all legal requirements regarding liquor licensing
- Ensure monetary control measures are in place for daily cashing up to be completed and reconciles with readings, and all monetary shortages/overages are declared. Adequate supply of change is available and random cash checks are completed at least once a week, to carry out lifts from till to safe, as required to minimise cash holding in the tills. To authorise refunds/cheques/credit card purchases over the floor limit.
- To liaise with suppliers and the company retail consultants with respect to the sourcing, selecting and purchasing of goods, ensuring that budgeted sales margins are achieved. Ensure that goods purchased are complementary to the aims of the company and reflect the seasons.
- Have ability and understanding of our till and stock control system – REVEL.
- Ensure all retail related back of house areas, are well maintained, appropriately stocked and clean. Ensure all deliveries are checked accurately and that all overages/shortages are recorded and reported, all goods received are correctly coded and priced. Ensure that the stock control system is, at all times up to date and accurate.
- Strictly controlling the revenue budget in respect of the cost of goods, wage costs and sundry costs of the business to maintain agreed stock value levels, and to undertake accurate and timely stocktaking as per company requirements.
- Work with Business systems to ensure all system requirements are met, and that all stock items are loaded accurately, and changes are updated in the system.
- Attending weekly operations meetings and other inter-departmental meetings as scheduled. If unable to attend, to ensure that a representative from the team attends
- Recruitment of all staff within the retail department to match levels of business and agreed budget
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge to guests of CML and ensure the retail team are well briefed.
- Undertaking appraisals for all retail team members in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that proper training is given to all retail personnel in all health and safety requirements, and to be aware of and observe all company H&S policies.
- Ensure that all staff training is appropriate and recorded including the latest business developments, new products, new or changed procedures etc.
- Promoting the welfare, enthusiasm and general morale amongst all retail personnel, both permanent and seasonal to ensure they all provide excellent guest service.
- Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure all leads for special events are managed in a professional, profitable and timely manner.
- Organising and managing events i.e. Christmas Markets and sales, Promotional events etc. to ensure an amazing result every time.
- Ensure daily/weekly and monthly reporting is accurate.
- Undertake the role of Duty Manager on a rota basis alongside other managers.
- Fulfil any reasonable request from senior management.
- Ensure all retail employees are well presented in appropriate uniform, in line with the Natural Retreats vision for amazing product.
- Develop the supervisor team, as the future managers of CairnGorm Mountain.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in management in the retail industry
- Strong experience/awareness of offering exceptional service and the requirements of this.
- Passion for delivering an amazing retail experience
- Proficient in the use of MS operating systems
- Sales skills
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Team Player including the management, supervision and motivation of the retail team
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to customer care
- Influencing skills
- Problem solver
- Strong customer focus
- Commercial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Full driving licence
- Honesty and integrity
- Commercially astute
- Proactive and flexible
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- amazing interpersonal skills
- strong communicator
- Team Orientated
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
If you love going above and beyond to deliver amazing service and you are passionate and enthusiastic about what Natural Retreats has to offer, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org