Job Title: Ski Hire Supervisor (Seasonal Role)
Reports to: Snow School Manager
Direct reports: Ski Hire Assistants and Workshop Technicians
We are looking for an amazing Supervisor to support the Snow School Manager in all aspects of the hire operations. With a passion for snowsports the ideal candidate will also have a passion for delivering exceptional service and ensuring all kit meets our guests needs. As well as ensuring the efficient running of the equipment hire services you will be supervising the team and maximising sales opportunities in conjunction with the snow school.
The role requires excellent customer care skills dealing regularly with guests to understand and advise on their needs together with strong people management skills to oversee and train the team. The role will involve supporting the snow school and working closely with them. Ideal candidates will have strong experience of solid team work, customer service and cash handling.
Experience of Wintersteiger workshop equipment would be preferable and a knowledge of the SkiData hire system would also be advantageous.
This is a seasonal role and we would expect the position to run from early November 17 to early May 18.
- To have a thorough understanding of all areas of the Equipment hire operation including all the equipment used.
- To focus on guest care and identify customer needs and advise accordingly
- Welcoming and assisting guests in all areas remaining helpful and courteous at all times;
- Able to operate the hire system and the booking system including refunds and to understand their technical operation;
- To work closely with the Snow School understanding the volume and type of bookings to ensure sufficient equipment and staffing levels within hire team given the co-dependent nature of each area.
- To comprehend the booking process for Snow School and assist with coms of the admin aspects for the Snow School;
- To have a good working knowledge of all aspects of Equipment Hire and the equipment used, identifying and dealing with any damaged equipment
- To ensure the team cleans and maintains the equipment
- To be able to manage the staffing rota and to deal with the administrative issues around holidays, sickness and snow bound aspects for the Equipment hire team ensuring an efficient use of resources.
- To liaise with the Guest Services Manager and/or Guest Services Supervisor regarding activity levels, rotas and any ticketing queries
- To have a thorough understanding of the daily and weekly reporting aspects and to provide a summary analysis for variations.
- To handle any guest complaints either face to face or by responding to written/on-line complaints with diplomacy and respect whilst appreciating the commercial issues.
- To deputise for the Guest Services Manager or the Snow School Manager when appropriate.
- To support the Snow School Manager and the Guest Services Manager with recruitment activity
- To assist with training, team development and coach team members in each area of Equipment Hire
- To ensure that all members of the team provide an amazing welcome to all guests and are able to provide directions or the correct information or other support needed by guests.
- This will include educating members of the team on different department’s products and services.
- Meets with guests and answers questions; resolves complaints from guests when others are unable to solve the problem utilising guest service guidelines.
- Regularly evaluates guest feedback via structured processes and shares with the Cairngorm Mountain management team.
- To actively promote all the services across Cairngorm
- Accommodates special requests when appropriate and possible.
- Communicates with other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit the team and guests.
- Adhere to and champion Natural Retreats vision and values.
- To assist in emergency situations and/or evacuations
- Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- To be fully aware of and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements identifying any changes or issues that may arise.
- Be an active member of the Cairngorm Mountain management team, ensuring that opportunities to raise the profile of the facilities within Equipment Hire, Snow School and Guest Services are maximised.
- Ensure daily/weekly and monthly reporting is accurate and timely.
- Fulfil any reasonable request from senior management.
- Proven experience in a similar guest facing role
- Experience of Supervising a team
- Strong experience/awareness of offering exceptional service and the requirements of this.
- Knowledge of ski hire equipment and boot fitting
- Certified Workshop technician would be an advantage
- Passion for delivering an amazing experience and focussed customer care
- Proficient in the use of MS operating systems
- Team Player including the supervision and motivation of the team
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Full driving licence
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and in a hostile weather environment
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Honesty and integrity
- Proactive and flexible
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator
- Team Orientated
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
If you love going above and beyond to deliver amazing service and you are passionate and enthusiastic about what Natural Retreats has to offer, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org