Job Title: Ski Hire Technician
Reports to: Ski Hire Supervisor/Snow School Manager
Direct reports: N/A
We are looking for experienced Ski and Snowboard technicians to work in our Hire dept. workshop. You would need to hold a relevant qualification in relation to Workshop Technician and Ski Boot fitting. Experience of Wintersteiger workshop equipment would be preferable.
The Workshop Technician is an important part of the Equipment Hire team responsible for the service, repair, cleaning and storage of snow sports equipment for guests. Working closely with the Snow School and the Guest services teams, this is a busy winter seasonal role and may also involve assisting with equipment hire at busy periods.
In addition to workshop duties you would be working front of house necessitating excellent customer service skills, a calm manner and cash handling experience. Regular liaison with the Snow School will be essential. A knowledge of the SkiData hire system would be an advantageous.
This is a seasonal role and we would expect the position to run from early November 2017 to early May 2018.
- To clean, maintain and repair all the hire stock of skis and boards
- To identify customer needs and deal accordingly
- To maintain a safe and tidy work area
- To clean and maintain the workshop machinery
- To identify any unrepairable items of equipment
- To assist with equipment hire at busy periods
- Maintain a strong customer focus and provide and excellent level of service at all times
- Meeting with guests to answer questions regarding equipment or repairs.
- Handling telephone enquiries as necessary
- Cash handling and reconciliation as required.
- To be aware of and observe all Company health & safety rules
- Adhere to standards and company policies and procedures within Cairngorm Mountain
- Deliver and ensure the highest quality of guest service is provided.
- Accommodate special requests when appropriate and possible.
- Communicate with other departments within Cairngorm to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Adhere to and model Natural Retreats vision and values.
- Participate in staff training as appropriate for new products, new or changed procedures etc.
- Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Fulfil any reasonable request from senior management
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Certified Workshop Technician
- Strong experience/awareness of offering exceptional service and the requirements of this.
- Ideally experience in and qualified as a workshop technician.
- Skilled with ski equipment and repairs thereon
- Passion for delivering an amazing experience
- Team Player
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and a commitment to customer care
- Problem solver
- Ideally Full driving licence
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and in a hostile weather environment
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team and be team orientated
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English
- Must be able to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends
- Honesty and integrity
- Commercially astute
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive and flexible
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
If you love going above and beyond to deliver amazing service and you are passionate and enthusiastic about what Natural Retreats has to offer, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com