Job Title: Snow School Administrator
Reports to: Snow School Manager
Direct reports: N/A
With a passion for Skiing and Snowboarding the SNOW SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS will be responsible for all the administration, co-ordination and office based elements of running the Snow School. This will include taking Snow School bookings (on-line, by phone and in person), arranging instructors, liaising with Equipment Hire team, scheduling Instructors for lessons, meeting with guests and dealing with queries as well as keeping detailed records.
Always striving to give guests an amazing experience as well as maintaining service standards in all aspects. A knowledge of SkiData or similar booking system would be an advantage, and excellent skills in all aspects of MS Office. It will involve significant teamwork with the other snow school staff, hire teams as well as other teams across the company.
This is a seasonal role and we would expect the position to run from early November 2017 to early May 2018.
- Taking and recording of bookings for the snow School
- Planning and supervising ski school programs and scheduling staff accordingly.
- Supporting the Ski School Manager with the sourcing of ski school instructors.
- Scheduling the ski school instructors according to the level of bookings and the skill levels of the guests.
- Meeting with guests and to answer questions; resolves any complaints from guests when ski school instructors are unable to solve the problem.
- Keeping accurate records of classes and guest numbers as well as data on the ski school instructors.
- Support the instructors in all aspects of their roles.
- To assist with the organisation of the local kids and schools programme.
- Working closely with the ski hire team regarding rentals
- Adhere to Natural Retreats Cairngorm Mountain standards in the base areas and on hill facilities.
- Adhere to standards and company policies and procedures within Cairngorm Mountain
- Deliver and ensure the highest quality of guest service is provided.
- Accommodate special requests when appropriate and possible.
- Communicate with other departments within Cairngorm to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Liaise with the marketing team to profile and position the ski school as a leader within the marketplace.
- Co-coordinating the maintenance of day to day supplies and equipment within the budget set for the department.
- Adhere to and model Natural Retreats vision and values.
- Support the training given to all ski school personnel ensuring adherence to all health and safety requirements of Natural Retreats, and to be aware of and observe all company H&S policies.
- Participate in staff training as appropriate for new products, new or changed procedures etc.
- Resolve any guest complaints by utilising Natural Retreats guest service guidelines.
- Support the Ski School Manager with daily/weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
- Ensure all ski school staff are well presented in appropriate uniform, in line with the Natural Retreats vision for amazing product.
- Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Fulfil any reasonable request from senior management
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in an administration capacity within a ski school environment would be ideal
- Strong experience/awareness of offering exceptional service and the requirements of this.
- Prior experience of working with children
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an administration role
- Ideally experience in skiing and/or snowboarding.
- Passion for delivering an amazing experience
- Proficient in the use of MS operating systems
- Team Player
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and a commitment to customer care
- Problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Full driving licence
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and in a hostile weather environment
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team and be team orientated
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Honesty and integrity
- Commercially astute
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive and flexible
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
If you love going above and beyond to deliver amazing service and you are passionate and enthusiastic about what Natural Retreats has to offer, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com