CairnGorm Mountain Ltd is committed to ecological sustainability and will endeavour to engender this commitment in our staff, visitors, stakeholders and our wider community through the experiences we offer and our working practices.
CairnGorm Mountain Ltd is committed to:
- Raising environmental awareness, understanding and responsibility in all those who come into contact with it.
- Providing education for sustainability through both its interpretive media and by the example of its own practices.
- Regularly reviewing its activities and practices with regard to environmental sustainability, thus making continued progress towards sustainability.
- Keeping abreast of research regarding environmental issues and the relevance of these for CML services, products and practices.
- Maintaining openness to learning about environmental sustainability from ourselves, our peers, and the wider community.
- Converting its passion and energy for environmental issues into realistic and effective solutions.
A symbol of our commitment is our membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme which provides accreditation and support for the tourist industry. A Green Tourism award shows that a business has been independently assessed and certified, so you can choose the greenest
option with confidence. CairnGorm Mountain has been awarded the GOLD certificate consistently for the past 10 years, based on our sustainability.
Meet Dougie, our Green Champion & Senior Duty Manager
“I have worked on Cairngorm Mountain for over 30 years. It really is a special place. it means a lot to the team that it stays that way. Our projects range from helping plan an iconic new building that carries us forward the next 30 years to improving how we involve our guests in recycling on site. Such is the sensitivity of our location that every plan or idea needs to have all environmental angles closely looked at. We are proud to have held Green Tourism Gold Award for the last 10 years. This is a real team effort and we could not achieve anything without the great knowledge of our full time team as well as the expertise our seasonal team bring from all over the world.”