DEFINITIONS AND GENERAL PRINCIPLES
- “You” are the customer who by paying for the rental are bound by this rental agreement.
- “Equipment” is all items you take from our hire department that CairnGorm Mountain is renting to you for the agreed duration of the rental agreement and will include all parts and accessories accompanying it at the commencement of the rental.
- “Damage” is any damage occurring to the Equipment.
PREREQUISITES: WHAT DO YOU NEED IN ORDER TO RENT EQUIPMENT?
- You must be over 16 years of age.
- You must produce a valid credit card with an expiry date after the due return date of your Equipment.
- Please note that CairnGorm Mountain Ltd accepts most major credit cards. As certain credit card companies may not be acceptable e.g. Amex, it is advisable to verify this in advance. Credit cards are accepted to the limits authorised by the credit card company.
- In some special circumstances equipment may be rented against cash or cheque payment.
- It is your responsibility to consider weather conditions before booking.
- Please note snow sportis a hazardous sport and by proceeding with this booking you are accepting this risk.
- CairnGorm Mountain Ltd requires at least 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel or change your booking.
- If the mountain is closed due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons out with our control, CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will change your hire to another mutually agreed date.
- CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will not be obliged to refund any hire once given out unless the mountain closes.
- If the mountain closes and you have skied/boarded for 3 hours or more, CairnGorm Mountain Ltd are not obliged to make any refund to you. If you have skied under the 3 hour period you are entitled to transfer to another mutually agreed date, as above.
THE EQUIPMENT: CONDITION, USE AND TECHNICAL PROBLEMS
- Condition of the Equipment.
- Before leaving the hire area, we require you to check the condition of the Equipment. Where a defect is found which has not already been highlighted, you must immediately inform the Ski Hire representative in order to proceed with a joint-examination of the Equipment.
- You will return the Equipment in the same condition as it was provided at the start of the rental, fair wear and tear excepted.
- Without prejudice to any of our rights under clause 5.4.1, you are responsible for any repair or refurbishment costs arising out of any careless, reckless or negligent use of the Equipment by you or any third party during the period of your hire, and these will be added to the cost of the rental.
- Use of the Equipment.
- The Equipment must not be used by anyone other than the person it has been issued to.
- You undertake to use the Equipment in a responsible manner and in particular, only for the purposes for which it is intended. The intended purposes are for on piste snow sports only.
- Maintenance / Technical Problems
- The Equipment should be provided to you in good condition and fit for normal use. If it is not, or if it becomes unfit for normal use during the rental for any reason, you must return it to the Hire department immediately.
- CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will have the choice between replacing the Equipment or issuing you with a refund commensurate with the remaining time on your hire.
- 5.1 Principle and Calculation
- You undertake to return the Equipment to CairnGorm Mountain Ltd at the agreed place, on the date and at the time indicated on the rental agreement.
- The rental duration is calculated on a daily basis.
- 5.2 Extension of the Original Duration of the Rental
- Should you wish to keep the Equipment for a period longer than that originally set out in the rental agreement, you must first contact the Hire dept. Cairngorm Mountain Ltd makes no guarantee that the rental duration can be extended beyond what is stipulated in the rental agreement.
- 5.3 Delivery and Collection Terms
- You must return the Equipment immediately if CairnGorm Mountain Ltd asks you to do so. CairnGorm Mountain Ltd may repossess any Equipment without notice or liability where CairnGorm Mountain Ltd deems that such repossession is necessary.
- 5.4 End of Rental
- The end of the rental is defined by the return of the Equipment to the Ski Hire department – this should be during the displayed opening times.
- Late return of equipment will result in additional charges for each day after the return date. These charges will be in line with the applicable hire price list from time to time.
- In exceptional circumstances such as when the mountain is inaccessible due to adverse weather conditions, equipment should be taken to a designated place which will be notified on the website.
- 5.4.1 In the event of confiscation, theft or accident
- In the event of theft or confiscation of the Equipment by any third party, you must inform CairnGorm Mountain Ltd in writing as soon as possible by completing an incident report form which will be given at your request.
- CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will then be entitled to take all measures which it deems necessary to protect its rights. You will be liable for all damage, cost and/or expenses associated with the above measures and for any direct, indirect, consequential damages (such as loss) to the Equipment.
- Cairngorm Mountain Ltd reserves the right to terminate the rental agreement as soon as CairnGorm Mountain Ltd is informed of such action by the appropriate authorities or by you.
- Any use of the Equipment which may be detrimental to CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will entitle CairnGorm Mountain Ltd to automatically terminate the rental agreement with immediate effect. You will then return the Equipment immediately or as soon as CairnGorm Mountain Ltd so requests.
- In the event of theft of the Equipment, the rental agreement will be terminated as soon as CairnGorm Mountain Ltd has received a copy of the theft declaration made by you to the police authorities.
RATES / TERMS OF PAYMENT
- 6.1 Rates
- The total charges for each rental will be determined according to the price list applicable at the time of rental.
- 6.2 Terms of Payment
- All hire payments are made in full at the time of booking Equipment, in sterling.
- Any and all costs and expenses incurred by us which arise out of the matters listed in clauses 4.1 or 5.4.1 (or both) shall be deducted from your credit card.
DATA PROTECTION LAW
- Please note that in the course of the performance of the booking as well as the rental process, CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will collect and process personal data relating to you. The type of information Cairngorm Mountain Ltd will collect from you includes (but is not necessarily limited to) your name, address, weight, height, shoe size, and skiing/boarding ability. It is mandatory to provide all the information requested; in the absence of such information, CairnGorm Mountain Ltd will not be able to correctly ensure the booking and/or the rental.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access personal data relating to you which is collected and processed by us.
- CairnGorm Mountain Ltd may charge a statutory £10 administration fee in respect of processing any such request by you to access your personal data.