One of Scotland's Top 10 Visitor Attractions and home to the UK's Highest Funicular Railway!
Click below to discover what the mountain can offer you
- Skiing and snowboarding are regarded as extreme activities. Inherently there is always the risk of injury. Snow School instructors have all been trained and assessed by either national or international governing bodies in safe teaching practice. Ultimately it is impossible to reduce the risk of injury to zero.
- Natural Retreats have the right to change or cancel the product at any given time. This could be for a multitude of reasons including, but not limited to, severe weather, conditions deemed unsafe, and instructor absence.
- Once lessons have gone past 12pm there will be no refund if the class has to stop.
- When refunding a multiday product, the refund will be the difference between the total paid less the number of days completed. For example, if a customer has purchased a 4 day package and due to lessons being cancelled only receives 2 days, then the 2 day package price will be charged and the difference between a 4 day package and a 2 day package will be refunded.
- Lesson cancellations 7 days out will be entitled to a full refund. Between 7 days and 48hrs notice you will be entitled to 50% refund. Cancellations with less than 48hrs notice will not be entitled to a refund.
- Maximum class size of 10 people for ski and snowboard lessons
- If 3 or less people are booked for group lessons, the class will run for only 2hrs in the morning 10am to 12pm.
- Lessons are divided by level this means you may not be skiing/riding with you friend or partner, if you wish to both be in the same class you will placed in the lowest level. Alternatively you can book a private lesson but the class can only be delivered at the level of the lowest ability
- All lesson times include time travelling on the funicular and other uplifts
- Parents may need to purchase a funicular ticket if they are not skiing and have kids in lessons. All children must be dropped off and picked up at the beginning and end of lesson by an adult. It is also the parent’s responsibility to collect and look after their child at lunch-time.
- It is the guests responsibility to inform NR of any medical conditions or medications
- We reserve the right to ask a guest to leave the lesson if they are jeopardising the safety of other guests in that lesson or area. Also, if the guest is under the influence of alcohol of drugs, or not dressed appropriately for the weather conditions.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to dress appropriately for the environment. We recommend helmets for all guests in lessons, for children it is compulsory to wear a helmet during class. Clothing is available to rent and also available to purchase on site.
- From time to time Cairngorm Mountain and the Snow School may photograph classes in action and use as promotional material on social media, printed media, online and on the website. For any close proximity photographs, where individuals are easily identifiable, verbal consent will be asked for at the time. At this point you will have the option to abstain.
Take a spectacular journey on the UK’s highest funicular railway for views at over 3500 feet.
Find Out More read more
Discover the flora and fauna of CairnGorm Mountain with our experienced Rangers, on one of our selected guided walks.
Book Now read more